"Make dangerous traffic situations safer"
From many of the interviews we have had and the from police figures we see that the following traffic situations should be given priority. We have an annual budget for maintaining roads and when it is up to us, we think the following situations are next.
- The schooltraffic on the Hollandseweg where the Leeuwenborch and the Pantarijn are located
- The route from the Grebbedijk to rowing association Argo/Vada and the port
- The intersection at Stationsstraat infront of the Rabobank
- The road from supermarket Hoogvliet to Haarweg
- The intersection of the Rooseveltweg on the Lawickse Allee
- The crossing on the Churchillweg in front of the Volkswagen dealer
As Connect Wageningen, we believe that safety is one of the most important tasks of the municipality. That is why we are also pleased that Wageningen is a safe city in a very safe country. Wageningen is a unique city, which is why we want to focus on a number of subjects that are specific to Wageningen.
In Wageningen, only € 0.2 million goes from € 93 million to safety and only € 1.5 million to fire safety. Our plans will significantly increase the budget for safety, but it will remain only a small part of the total budget.